The Colour Purple

Dark Purple

To others, you seem a bit dark, mysterious, and moody.
In truth, you are just a very unique person who doesn't care what others think.
And you really enjoy your offbeat interests and friends.
You've decided that life is about living for yourself - simple as that.


I don't know where it came from but I've had a surge of ambition and I've been wrapping up old WIP's. First up is the fleece blanket. I had the scathingly brilliant idea of sewing the two layers together and then doing a blanket stitch around the edges. This turned out to be much harder than I thought because you're sewing yarn through 4 layers of fleece (two sides plus the seam allowances inside). I had to use plyers to pull the needle through for each and every stitch. I had three sides done and then it's sat languishing for the last three years. I then did three others for gifts with just a sewing machine topstitch edge, but the original blanket stitched one never got finished. So that got done this week. Woohoo! And if you didn't guess it that's my favourite knitting spot; I fire up the fireplace, aim the chair at the tv, put my feet up on the footstool and just have at it. My best knitting comes from here; I'm less likely to nod off than if I'm on the couch! lol

And I'm still working on the Vogue Knitting Lacey Shawl (that's it draped over the back of the chair). I figure one or two more evenings knitting and I'll be able to get it blocked. And Tabitha says the fleece blanket is the bestest softest lap blanket ever for those chilly evenings; nevermind the Navajo pillow she has on the floor.

So I'm getting ready to get ready for Christmas. Yes, you read that correctly. I'm starting with lists, as anyone who knows me knows that I do nothing without a list or three, usually along with diagrams and graphs. But this is great news because I usually leave the planning to the last minute because I don't know where to start. And while it all comes together in the end it's not without major stress. So I'm thinking about stocking stuffers, which made me think of stockings. I'd like to make new ones for everyone this year, but I know I'll never be able to knit six stockings before Christmas. Maybe if I sew them? Maybe I can find a nice quilted Christmasy fabric and zip something up on the serger! That's the ticket. Feel free to post any ideas or links you may have. What do you do for stockings?

Comments

Kare said…
Your hands must be sooo sore from pulling that needle! Good for you for finishing it.
I'm no help with the stockings. We've had the same stockings for years.
(I'm Dark Purple, too.)

Popular posts from this blog

My Bionic Gear Bag - Pattern Review (long and pic heavy)

New Look 6735 - The Dedicated Post

Name That Bike!