New Look 6643 Progress

The inside of the dress fully lined
I haven't spent much time in the sewing room this week. Unfortunately that's becoming a trend. I actually snuck away for a few hours yesterday to try and make some progress on New Look 6643. This simple dress has turned into a bit of a nightmare. That's because my mom suggested (rightfully so) that it would be much better if I lined it. Unfortunately I didn't put as much thought into the lining as I should have. The dress fabric is a lightweight woven suiting with 3% spandex so it has a nice little bit of give.  This allows me to make the dress a snug fit.  The lining I bought was basic lining with 0% give; minus 0 if that's possible. Not to mention super slippery and shreds like no one's business.  Not so good for a snug fit.  I considered tossing the lining but I am nothing if not stubborn. Eventually I got it put together. It's not perfect, but realistically no one else will see the flaws.  And I have to admit that the dress hangs so much better being lined.  Moms really do know best.

Thor had to photobomb this one
 The other issue I was having is gaping at the back of the neck. I've run into this on other tops so it must be something about my back. Ultimately I think I need to go one size smaller for the upper back. I ended up partially taking out and adjusting the invisible zip two more times before being somewhat satisfied.

Nice smooth, even neckline
I am really happy with how the neckline turned out. I still have to finish the armhole edges the same as the neckline, do a little hand stitching at the top of the zipper to tidy it up and then do the hems. I'll be glad when this one is done.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Bionic Gear Bag - Pattern Review (long and pic heavy)

New Look 6735 - The Dedicated Post

Name That Bike!