Some More Projects Completed

I have been really busy this last few weeks.  Further to my post the other day, I finished up the second sundress for granddaughters and made the two pens for my inlaws.

 

Mom had some labels made up for us a few years ago and I just ran across them.  Seemed like the perfect way to easily show which side is the back.  This was a really fun project.  The pink dress was sewn on the Brother.  I set the stitch length to 3.5 and increased the tension to 5.  Then the Brother broke down on me and is in for repair.  I tried using the Pfaff for the blue one but no matter what I tried I couldn't get any tension on the elastic.  So I pulled out Black Betty (the Janome heavy duty mechanical machine), set the stitch length and tension the same as I did for the Brother and it did a beautiful job.


The brown pen is made from a maple burl.  That one is for my brother-in-law who does a lot of woodworking.  My sister-in-law is very connected with nature and so the green acrylic seemed to me to be appropriate for her.  I am still struggling with getting a straight edge on my turning but I'm pleased with the finish.  I'm using crazy glue on the wood pens to give a hard durable finish.  Then I go through the series of sanding pads up to 12,000 grit on both wood pens and acrylic, and then polish with car polish.

I think I'm due for a break, don't you?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Bionic Gear Bag - Pattern Review (long and pic heavy)

New Look 6735 - The Dedicated Post

Stuck in First Gear