WIP's


 I mentioned in my last post that I had been working on a number of projects.  One of them was new covers for my two ironing surfaces; the ironing board and the padded tv tray I use for ironing at the sewing machine.  I also mentioned I may make another Bionic Gear Bag.  Well I decided that was a "go" and I took the plunge to get started.  This time around I found a video for the Sew Together Bag that I think the Bionic Bag was based on.  It is definitely helping.  

I pieced and quilted the outer layer to coordinate with the needle case.  Then I cut and interfaced all the other sections and got as far as I could until I was ready for the zippers, which I had ordered on Ebay.  Well those zippers came in today - less than 2 weeks after ordering them from overseas, so I am really impressed! - and now I will be able to carry on with that project.

Once I put that aside I decided to organize the eight bins of quilting scraps I had on hand (no not all mine - I was gifted six of them from my mom).  I sorted, ironed and organized them all, and have them all colour coordinated and standing up in neat rows in their bins.  It reminds me of the shelves of fat quarters at the fabric store.  This got me very excited to do another scrappy project.  I went to my local quilting store to get backing for Daughter's quilt, and found out they are having an online quilt-along for a bright scrappy quilt.  Perfect!  I jumped in with both feet and got caught up with that.  I'm having a lot of fun with it and also learning some new things; that will probably get it's own post.

Once I got caught up with the group, I moved on to another project - quilted covers for my wooden kitchen chair pads.  I'm making blue and brown bear claw blocks and backing them with some of the eight yards of home decor fabric I bought years ago but then never used for it's intended project.  I just love using up stuff that I have on hand!  Today's zipper shipment also means I'll be able to get these finished, so I'll be busy in the sewing room for awhile yet.  Not sure when I'll find time to get ready to go back to work next month! lol




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Bionic Gear Bag - Pattern Review (long and pic heavy)

New Look 6735 - The Dedicated Post

Stuck in First Gear