The Stash

 LAST UPDATED JANUARY 2022

First posted July 20, 2021.  I've decided I need a dedicated post to try and keep track of some of my stash.  I have LOTS of fabric, and much of it has been patiently waiting for my attentions for years.  Although I try and make a habit of washing it as soon as it darkens my doorstep I haven't been that good at labeling it.  I've got some recent acquisitions that I still have the information for (or can find online) so I will start with those.  I don't know how much I will get catalogued; like many things I start with good intentions but then life happens. Maybe by having it here in a somewhat organized manner I can stop adding to the stash before using some of what I already have.  I mean, do I REALLY need three separate lengths of black ponte?  This will be an ongoing project to catalogue all my fashion fabrics, but not quilting or crafting fabrics.

Yesterday mom and I went to Fabricland to buy a couple of patterns (I think my first big 4 pattern purchase since I started using Lutterloh) and even though we both said we weren't going to buy fabric we both (of course) came home with one piece each.  As an aside, I bought Butterick 6801 after watching Lucy from Sew Essentials show her take on it.  To my surprise I couldn't find anything close in my Lutterloh collection.  Alright; on to the fabric!


Blue Geometric Poly Knit Print

Fabric Width:  60"

1 meter 

Red Zebra Poly Knit Print

Fabric Width:  60"

1 meter 

Blue/Green/Purple Watercolour Poly Knit Print

Fabric Width:  60"

1 meter 

Red/Black Abstract Plaid Poly Knit Print
- has slight crepe texture

Fabric Width:  60"

1.5 meter 








VENICE Knit - Rapsberry

This medium weight knit fabric is very soft, has a brushed hand and stretch for comfort and ease. Perfect for dresses, skirts, sweaters, cardigans, tops and more!
Fabric Width: 59 inch (150 cm)
Fabric Care: Hand wash
Contents: 90% Polyester / 7% Rayon / 3% Spandex
2 meters
Reg $18/m; I paid $6/m

Goal: knit top; maybe sleeveless shell

Katrina Prints - Patchwork Daisies - Aqua

Fabric width: 150cm wide
Contents: 100% Polyester
Reg $18/m; I paid $9
2 meters

Goal:  drapy blouse

Barcelona Knit Prints - Allover Floral - Ivory/Blue

Fabric Width: 150cm wide
Contents: 92% Polyester 8% Spandex
Reg $15/m; I paid $7.50
3 meters

Goal: was thinking a dress but will likely do knit tops
 

Amata Tie Dye Batiks - Cotton Voile - D6 Deep Cobalt

Fabric Width:  147cm wide
Contents: 100% cotton
Reg $26/m; I paid $9/m
5 2 meters 

Goal: 
Plum lightweight fine cotton weave; possibly Voile

Fabric width:  147cm wide

3 meters

Tan with bicycle ladies lightweight fine cotton weave; possibly Voile

Fabric width:  147cm wide

2 meters 

"London Cats" by Paws for Thought for Benartex

Quilting cotton

45" wide

1.3 meters

yes it's a quilting cotton but I'm playing with the idea of making something wearable with it; perhaps a short sleeved blouse

Animal print laminated cotton

150cm wide

$3.29/m

2 meters

Goal:  Shopping bags? Makeup bags?

Citrus fruit laminated cotton

150cm wide

$3.29/m

2 meters

Blue and white striped lightweight cotton weave; not as fine a weave as Voile

54" wide

2 meters

Embroidered white cotton weave

54" wide

2 meters

Light weight cotton weave

54" wide

2 meters
Stretch woven cotton sateen

54" wide

1 meter

previously used for circle skirt; maybe make matching shell?

Arctic Fleece

1 meter

50" wide

to use for lining hand knit mitts and/or hats

(yes I know this one isn't a "fashion fabric" but it is a recent purchase and I don't want to forget I have it and then buy more)

Jacquard - medium weight

45" wide

1.5 meters

originally bought to make New Look 6203 but then decided this fabric is too heavy and that pattern is too confining at the neck for my comfort.  Perhaps it would make a cute skirt; it definitely feels to me like a bottom weight.

Black (colour is off in pic) Polyester/lycra thin knit

60" wide

1.3 meters

Polyester light sweater knit

60" wide

1 meter

previously used for cardigan

Dark purple (colour is off) Polyester/lycra thin knit

60" wide

2.3 meters

Another purple Polyester/lycra thin knit

60" wide

1 meter

Beige lightweight sweater knit

60" wide

2 meters

previously made a cardigan with this fabric; it has had a lot of wear and is ready to be replaced

Winter white lightweight sweater knit

60" wide

2.3 meters

previously made a cardigan with this fabric

Lightweight sweater knits

60" wide

Burnt orange: 1.5 meters

previously made long embroidered cardigan

Mauve:  1 meter and 1.3 meters (2 lengths)

New York designer cotton jersey knits

60" wide

Cranberry:  1 meter

Previously made 2 tops with iffy results; challenging to work with

Navy:  2.7 meters

Gold (colour is off) lightweight polyester/lycra knit

60" wide

1.5 meters

Bronze (darker than pic) lightweight polyester/lycra knit

60" wide

2.4 meters

Off white polyester knit with textured stripe

60" wide

2 meters

White medium weight t-shirt knit (no lycra)

150cm wide

1.5 meters

Grey ponte knit

150cm wide

1.7 meters

previously made pants

Black ponte knit

150cm wide

3 lengths; 3 meters, 1.3 meters and 1.5 meters

have made 2 pairs pants already

Who needs this much black ponte!





Weave w/Spandex

Fabric Width:  54"

1.5m

For dress pants

NOTE; have similar heavier fabric somewhere in tans - need to find!

Navy (really!) Suede-type Fabric

Fabric Width:  54" 

2.5m

Intended for lined jacket

Animal Print Denim-type Fabric

Fabric Width:  54" 

2.5m

Intended for lined jacket

Plaid Wool-type Coat Fabric

Fabric Width:  60" 

2m




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Bionic Gear Bag - Pattern Review (long and pic heavy)

New Look 6735 - The Dedicated Post

Name That Bike!