Christmas Jammer Pants 2021

"Donuts" for Sweet Dreams :)


 I have been making jammer pants for the kids for quite a few Christmases now, and made them for the grandkids last year for the first time.  They were a win and the kids loved them.  The only downside was that they outgrow them so quickly!  These girls are all going to be tall and by the spring these jammers were more like capri pants.  

So to get a little more wear out of them I decided to add an extra couple of inches to the length and made a second hem with a long basting stitch that should be easy enough for Daughter to pick out when they start getting to be too short.

When I was buying the fabric I hadn't done my calculations ahead of time and just made an assumption that I could get 3 pairs of jammer pants for little girls out of 2 meters of fabric.  This *would* have worked if I had done them to the finished length, but adding those couple of extra inches each left me scrambling to patch together a few bits on one of the pairs.  I decided to do that to the smallest pair because if they end up being handed down the smallest ones will only be worn by one child while the biggest pair may end up getting worn by all three girls.

I'm hoping to embroider their initials on patches for the tops again to help them tell them apart (I'll update this post when that happens).     

A tag shows the girls which side is "the back"


I did the parents' the same measurements as last year; from last year's post, 

Dani and Chris same as last year; I used Simplicity 1605 in medium for him, with elastic waist set for 38" and an inseam of 33".  His hips are 41" (for future reference)

Because she wears them on her hips I made the elastic waistband to fit 38" and an inseam of 32".  Her waste is currently at 32".

I never remember how long to cut the elastic for the waists.  I did them 2" smaller than the waist size this year and Chris then asked me to take in the elastic by 2".  In hindsight I'm pretty sure I did the adults 4" under waist size last year and they were both happy with that.  I will update with Dani's info once she's tried them on.  I'm thinking 2" is probably enough for the girls as theirs are so much smaller, but I will make 4" the default for adults; therefore 34" elastic for both of them.  







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Bionic Gear Bag - Pattern Review (long and pic heavy)

New Look 6735 - The Dedicated Post

Name That Bike!