Quilt for Granddaughter #3

 


Here it is, a matching quilt for Granddaughter #3 to her sisters' quilts.  I was diagnosed with breast cancer last month which of course put me into a bit of a tailspin.  What was the first thing to come to mind?  I've got to get Granddaughter #3's quilt made!  I had already bought the fabric so it was just a matter of getting to it - and I did!  I worked very quickly on this and I'm really happy with the results.  I got it finished and delivered before my surgery which was my goal.  I also managed to get the matching pillowcases made for this one and a previous one for GD#2  that I had forgotten to make at the time.  But of course with everything going on I forgot to take pics of those.

I called this one "Lovebug" and embroidered hearts around the outer blocks.  This banquet table has been working really well for me for pinning my quilts.  I'm not crawling around on the floor which makes me very sore, and I'm able to get a smoother quilt this way over taping them to the floor.

I quilted it in the crosshatch pattern that I did on her sisters' quilts. It was such a sense of relief to get this done.  Now Daughter and all three of HER daughters have quilts made by me, and as I tell them, the quilts are "hugs from Grandma".







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Bionic Gear Bag - Pattern Review (long and pic heavy)

New Look 6735 - The Dedicated Post

Name That Bike!