And I've Been Inspired!

 After my last post I was finally able to make my way into my new sewing space.  I had set up the main floor spare bedroom as my sewing room but I have now turned that room into an office and moved the sewing room into the basement.  It is a finished space (most folks would use it as a family room) but with just the two of us here we don't need a second living room area, and I am loving this new space!

I drew up a couple of Lutterloh patterns, S313-43 and S305-221, and made them up.  They were both made from polyester knit fabric with a bit of Spandex, which I found on sale for $4/meter.  Talk about a win!  

I am happy with the results for both, although I think I will adjust the neckline a bit with the vee-neck because I had added 5/8" seam allowance which makes it quite high.  I don't want a plunging neckline but a tad lower would be better, I'm thinking.  I've got some drapey white knit fabric with a self stripe in it gifted from my mom that I think would make up beautifully in this pattern.

This long sleeved tee is not as form-fitting as the drawing, even though I didn't add seam allowances.  I used NL6735 to help trace around the top of the sleeve.  I guess I'm a little gun shy after the sleeve fiasco of the long tiered dress of last summer.  I also lined up the bodice pattern pieces with NL6735 to compare, and they were about the same size except the NL one has more shaping at the waist.  I also lowered the neckline a little because the original tracing had it quite high at my neck.  It is still very modest.


I am really happy with the cuffs on this top.  Because most of the tees I make are all from NL6735 so they all have the same standard hemmed cuff.  This cuff band keeps it fitted to my wrist but also keeps the sleeve in place when I pull it up to 3/4 length without stretching out of shape.  I'm thinking of making a version with a more full sleeve to add a little variety to my wardrobe.

So back to inspirations, I have been watching some fashion Youtube videos and it seems blazers are trending this season.  I have some fabric and patterns languishing in the stash - well actually it was for fall jackets so we'll see which way I end up going with it -  and I've also got a new stash of knits for tops to begin working my way through.  So much sewing to do, so little time! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Bionic Gear Bag - Pattern Review (long and pic heavy)

New Look 6735 - The Dedicated Post

Name That Bike!