Bionic Gear Bag 2.0

 


I bit the bullet, pulled on my big girl panties and had another go at a Bionic Gear Bag.  I struggled with the first one I made but I've got a lot more experience with quilting and binding since then, plus I've found helpful videos for a similar bag on Youtube to hold my hand through the process.  In all the years since I made the first bag the designer never did make the videos available that she frequently mentioned, although some folks have said that she later charged another membership fee to make them available.  I have no idea about the helpfulness of those videos (if they actually were made available) but these videos from other folks definitely helped; this bag turned out MUCH better.

I've been on a quilting binge so I though this could be a small scrappy stash buster.  I quilted the outer skin this time.  That is one of the questions I couldn't get a response from the designer first time around, so instead I learned from my experience of making the first one where I used batting but didn't quilt it.  The quilting made it a bit firmer and more sturdy; a plus in my books.

Look how nice it looks with my patchy needle case!  The only real "mistake" I made this time around was to insert the main long zip backwards to the inside zips - oops!  I had it all lined up in the correct direction but then somehow managed to turn the bag around during assembly.  I didn't notice until I had it finished and I decided I could live with it rather than taking it apart to redo it.


The red "dish" is from the first bag and will be replaced





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Bionic Gear Bag - Pattern Review (long and pic heavy)

New Look 6735 - The Dedicated Post

Stuck in First Gear