Child Sizes

 



S (just turning 5yo): 21" waist, 18" inseam to bottom of ankle
B (will be 3yo in March): 19" waist, 13" inseam to ankle
D (just turned 1yo): 18.5" waist, 10" inseam to ankle


I love the idea of sewing for the grandkids, but in reality they grow so fast that it is hard to justify the time and effort that goes into a home made outfit.  I just received some new supplements for my Lutterloh collection and one of them was chosen simply because of a child's basic dress pattern.  Working with Lutterloh you only use the chest or hips sizes to lay out the pattern, but I only had on hand the girls' waist sizes.  I decided to look up what Simplicity has for sizing guides.  I think I can work with this.  I have the girls' measurements from their Christmas jammie pants (above) but they are all already like capris so I know the girls have grown since then.  I think I will add an inch to the waist measurements as well as to back waist measurements as they are all tall.  Better to err on the side of a little big than a little small.  Maybe I should just get daughter to take some new measurements.  Hmm.  Although to be honest I'm not sure I'll have the time to do this as I'm supposed to be going back to work (although that has been pushed back again due to covid) and I am in the middle of two quilts - Still Waters and Fiesta.  I don't want to build up expectations and then not follow through.  I guess we will see.

Based on all of that info, I will use the following to make the patterns and go from there.

S (5yo): 25" chest (63.5cm), 11" back waist length
B (3yo): 23" chest (58.5cm), 10" back waist length
D (16 mo): 21" chest (53cm), 8.5" back waist length


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Bionic Gear Bag - Pattern Review (long and pic heavy)

New Look 6735 - The Dedicated Post

Name That Bike!