New Diaper Soakers


UPDATE:
I received this message from my daughter the other day - "I forgot to mention again thank you for the new pads!  They work perfectly and are saving my shells big time."  Apparently the extra layers, the substitution of a plush bath towel instead of thin fabric store terrycloth, and the extra 8 square inches coverage are making a positive difference.
_________

About two years ago I was busy making fitted cloth diapers and soakers for my granddaughter.  The other day Daughter asked me to make some more soakers.  Well, this is what you get when your mom is a packrat.  The first time around I made the diapers and soakers with brand new fabrics and diaper flannel - after all, it was going to be touching my precious grandbaby's delicate skin.  Fast forward a couple of years and it's all about the "what do I have on hand?" lol  This batch is made from leftovers from various jammy pants.

The only modification she asked for was to make them about 2" longer.  They seem to get wet in the front but not the back, so this time around I added an extra layer in the front.  The original ones had three layers.  The new set have flannel on each side and sandwiched in between are a layer of micro fleece, a layer of terry (from an old towel - much plusher than the new terrycloth I bought at the fabric store last time - and an extra layer of either micro fiber or micro fleece over the wet zone.  Once again there is a snap to help hold it in place.  I didn't bother with a plastic backing this time as it doesn't seem to do much good.  Maybe they will dry quicker without it.  I am hoping that these will stand up to an 18mo's needs a little better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Bionic Gear Bag - Pattern Review (long and pic heavy)

New Look 6735 - The Dedicated Post

Name That Bike!