Jammie Tops for the Granddaughters

 


After making all the jammer pants for the kids I thought that the granddaughters should have tops to go with theirs.  I don't have fabric in the stash to make plain white tees but I managed to find some at the grocery store.  Unfortunately they only had larger sizes, so I bought two 2-packs of girls size small, the smallest they had.  

I initially had the idea of appliqueing a heart onto the front of the tees in the cheetah print from the jammie bottoms.  I went ahead and cut them out, sewed the border with a coverstitch from the Pfaff (I think it was #31), then sewed it down to the tee.  
Then I thought that if they are all the same size then they need a way to tell them apart, so I embroidered round patches with their initial in them.  I used the last scraps of the pink flannel for this, having to sew a few pieces together to be able to hold it in the embroidery hoop!  At first I was going to sew it to the front of the shoulder, then down at the hemline, but finally settled on putting it right in the middle of the heart.  I think that works!


Once I had that done it was still nagging at me that these would be too big for the girls.  Even the oldest will find them a bit big, and the one year old will be tripping all over in it.  So I decided to leave the one for the oldest alone but cut and sized down the other two.  I took off about half an inch from each side seam for both of them, then about 3" from the bottom for the middle child and 5" for the youngest.  I was just guessing at these dimensions so hopefully they will be ok, and if I'm off that I erred on the side of being too big instead of too small.

I am really pleased with how they turned out, and I hope they are as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Bionic Gear Bag - Pattern Review (long and pic heavy)

New Look 6735 - The Dedicated Post

Name That Bike!