Pajama Pants


 Years ago I made daughter and son-in-law each a pair of flannel jammie pants.  His were black with white skulls and hers were pink with white skulls.  They loved them so much that they still wear them even though they are quite worn out.  Being that we are in the middle of a pandemic lockdown I can't go shopping for flannel so I decided to raid the stash and make them each a pair with what I had on hand.

I did his first with a navy flannel with snowflakes on it.  I know he likes pockets in his so I used the Lutterloh jammy pattern for the pockets.  In hindsight they may not be big enough.  I think I will add a patch phone pocket on the side.  NOTE: for future pants use bag pockets in the side seams; they work better for him.  I used Simplicity 1605 in medium for him, with elastic waist set for 38" and an inseam of 33".  His hips are 41" (for future reference).

For daughter I used a pink and black cheetah print on a white background.  I know she loves this fabric as she has commented on it in the past.  I didn't think I'd be able to get it to work as there are two seams in the fabric to work around.  I happily found that it is also a wider fabric at 55" so I was able to get both fronts and backs out of a single length.  This has also left me with about a yard left over (less than a meter).  I used a hand drawn pattern from back in the day.  This was copied from a pair of hipster jammies that I loved.  I have tried talking her into trying the Lutterloh ones but she is convinced she wants hipsters.  Because she wears them on her hips I made the elastic waistband to fit 38" and an inseam of 32".  Her waste is currently at 32".

I traded mom some white flannel for her quilt for some pink flannel to go with the leftover cheetah flannel and I then made three small pairs of jammies for the granddaughters.  They are each different orientations; the biggest and medium ones are opposite corners (solid behind print and vice versa) as I cut out a pair from each fabric and swapped out pieces.  The smallest are print left and solid right both front and back.  I also added size tags in the back to make it easier for the girls to tell front from back when getting dressed.  I had to make a seam in the front of the cheetah print on the smallest pair but it is on the waistband and you won't notice it.

S (just turning 5yo): 21" waist, 18" inseam to bottom of ankle
B (will be 3yo in March): 19" waist, 13" inseam to ankle
D (just turned 1yo): 18.5" waist, 10" inseam to ankle

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Bionic Gear Bag - Pattern Review (long and pic heavy)

New Look 6735 - The Dedicated Post

Name That Bike!