Girls' Night Out

DD and I went out and had a great time last night. We went to a "Pajama Party" fundraiser for the House of Sophrosyne, a women's addiction treatment centre, and let me tell you we had a blast! Anyone looking for ideas for an awesome fundraiser shoud take notes. It's a party for women only, and everyone wears their pajamas. You pay one price to get in ($50 in this case but I think they should be charging more) and you get to enjoy a whole host of donated services and food. Of course there's a d-jay keeping things hopping and a local radio personality mc's the event. DD and I took advantage of lots of the services including parafin wax treatments, manicures, pedicures, massages (twice each! lol), facials, and henna tattoos. There was also fortune telling and astrologers, hair styling, make-up artists, some body detoxing thing, and other stuff that I can't remember. Of course DD made sure we took advantage of the popcorn machine as well as the cotton candy machine. Oh, and because we were within the first 100 people there we got awesome goodie bags! Like I said, we had a blast. It was also a great opportunity for us to spend some quality mother/daughter time. I'm thinking we'll be making this an annual thing. :)

Comments

Sauntering Soul said…
Wow! That sounds like an awesome fund raiser. I pay close to $50 just for a mani/pedi here in Atlanta and I don't even get to wear my pj's! (Which explains why my nails look like they do much of the time.)
knitty_kat said…
that sounds awesome - and a fabulous fund raiser to boot. Glad you ladies had so much fun for such a worthy cause!

Popular posts from this blog

My Bionic Gear Bag - Pattern Review (long and pic heavy)

New Look 6735 - The Dedicated Post

Name That Bike!