A new cat has adopted my Mom. Mom lives on a farm out in the country, so while I was growing up it wasn't uncommon to have abandoned animals show up. I'm not sure if Mr. Cat has been abandoned or not, he just started hanging around the house last summer. Now Mom doesn't want any new house cats at this time so she hasn't encouraged him to come in the house. Having said that he's super friendly, and she feeds him every day. He sits on the windowsill and looks inside. He's not even bothered at all by Max, Mom's brand new black lab (who will be the subject of another post). But he's not her cat. So she says. I think he actually has a circuit of houses he has adopted where he gets fed, particularly since she didn't see Mr. Cat much over the winter. We think someone else took him in.

Anyway I met Mr. Cat for the first time the other day. I pulled into Mom's driveway when this black and white streak jumped off the porch, ran across the driveway and immediately started rolling in the grass. You'd think I was his long-lost best friend! So of course I had to pet him... and pet him...

When it was time to leave this is what was waiting for me on my dirty truck outside. No, I'm not going to adopt him. Aside from the fact that Tabby is quite happy being the solo queen bee at my house, I think Mr. Cat would be truly miserable being stuck as a full-time indoor city cat.

Comments

Kare said…
Thank you Jacqui.Your words really meant a lot to me.
knitty_kat said…
he's lovely!! (consider your truck blessed) Glad that you are back posting again!!
Sauntering Soul said…
I'm way behind on blog reading (I took an unexpected hiatus too) but I'm also glad you're back! I've missed you bunches.

Popular posts from this blog

My Bionic Gear Bag - Pattern Review (long and pic heavy)

New Look 6735 - The Dedicated Post

Stuck in First Gear