Thor, Doll Dresses and a Walking Stick


We've been away camping for much of the last few weeks.  When we got home Thor got very sick again requiring another emergency surgery.  This was the third time for him and he wasn't able to recover this time.  He is such a beloved dog, and we know there will never be another like him.  He is very sadly missed.

 
In other news, my daughter and granddaughters recently came down for a visit.  I decided that their dolls, Katie and Baby, needed dresses to match their own new dresses.  Katie also got a new circle skirt.  Up until now she has only had her winter outfit including a winter coat, and everyone needs some comfortable summer clothes, don't they?!

While we were camping in the Bruce Peninsula we got some long overdue visits in with my inlaws.  I've been wanting to make a walking stick and they gave me a nice piece of cedar (I think) stick.  I sanded it down, sprayed it with varathane, added a wrap handle and rubber foot, and blinged it out with a glass stone.  I'm quite pleased with the results.



The handle is wrapped with nylon rope; I think it is a slightly thicker version of paracord that I picked up at Princess Auto.  After wrapping it (following this tutorial) I steamed it with the steam iron.  I also pressed it but managed to melt it a little bit in a couple of places.  Oops!  To add the stone I drilled slightly into the wood to inset it a little bit.  Then I attached the stone with epoxy.  Because it is slightly inset I don't imagine it will get knocked out - it feels very secure.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Bionic Gear Bag - Pattern Review (long and pic heavy)

New Look 6735 - The Dedicated Post

Name That Bike!