The Inspiration Post

I went shopping today to kill some time and didn't end up buying anything, but I did see a few things that I thought were cute and wearable.  Then I went to the fabric store to add to the stash; I came out with enough fabric for 5 long sleeved knit tops.

Now the task is to find tops I want to make with them.  Yes, I could just make basic long sleeved tees (and I probably will with at least a couple of them) but I need to add a little variety to my life.  Maybe I'll try different sleeves or something.  I also want to make some cute tops from woven fabric in the stash, so without further ado here are a few ideas.  I will update this post as I find new inspirations!

First, here are ideas for knits:

So many long sleeved tees that I love are all just basic ones like this one from The Bay above


This could be an interesting sleeve although I don't think I'd do the button placket

And a little Lutterloh inspiration:

305-221
313-43
284-81

287-221
321-101
322-125
324-274







These are some ideas for woven/stable fabrics already in the stash:

Kay in a raglan sleeve slit gathered neckline
299-49
286-162

The Bay and Neiman Marcus tops for Butterick 6801 (in fushia and green below)




Lucy's version on the left; frills around neck and back yoke
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGjj2BIks9M&t=2s

And again, from Lutterloh:

286-189
285-41
298-214

Shirred top; try moving 5" from fold line front and back on a high necked blouse, don't shirr sleeves (just elastic cuff), add shirred neckband. Shirring ends 1" below neckline








I also bought some really nice soft sleepware fabric for a nightie; maybe I'll lengthen the top from my goto pajama pattern:

298-225



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Bionic Gear Bag - Pattern Review (long and pic heavy)

New Look 6735 - The Dedicated Post

Name That Bike!