Shrug, Winecozy, Socks and VK Shawl-in-progress

Yep, I've been knitting up a storm. And what do I have to show for it? Really sore hands; I really need to get better at taking my meds for my rheumatoid arthritis. :(

But I also have... pics! Wheeee!

First up is a shrug I knit up last weekend out of a ball of cotton blend left over from a sweater I made for SO about 10 years ago. I'm not sure if I'm a shrug person or not, or if I even like it. DD says "don't go out in public with that on". :o I have to admit it does keep my shoulders nice and warm.




Then I finished a pair of socks with the Sock It To Me yarn I bought from Elann. I had made the first sock too long in the foot and it sat in knitting pergatory until I finally got up the resolve to frog it and start over. The toes and heels are sock wool from Briggs and Little. (Or is it Briggs and Straton? No, they're the small engine people. lol) I'm wearing them right now!



And last night I finished up Winecozy from Knitty, which I'm very happy with. I did knit it in the round instead of flat like the pattern calls for. I'm thinking I'll stuff it with a good bottle of wine for a gift for one of my hard-to-buy-for girlfriends. I'm thinking a few more Winecozies will be popping off my needles.



Last but not least, I've got a pic of my WIP, the green shawl #15 from Fall Vogue Knitting. I keep putting it aside to work on other stuff, but it's slowly getting there. It's got more green than it shows in the pic but you get the idea.



I've also broken my yarn fast by ordering a couple of skeins of laceweight from Handpaintedyarn.com. I've been trying to wait for their worsted weight to come back online, but it's been months and I don't think they're doing the worsted on their site anymore. It was either the chunky or the laceweight, and I'm hot enough in worsted; can't imagine wearing something in the chunky, at least not indoors. I'm thinking I might just have a go at Clapotis with the laceweight; we'll have to see what it says to me when I get it. ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Bionic Gear Bag - Pattern Review (long and pic heavy)

New Look 6735 - The Dedicated Post

Name That Bike!