Happy Mother's Day!

To all the Mom's out there. Mine's at the symphony this afternoon and will then be coming over for dinner. DH is making dinner to celebrate for both of us. I'm very lucky to have an awesome Mom, but unfortunately she's going through a difficult time right now. Her dog has just been diagnosed with untreatable bladder cancer and we'll be dealing with that next Friday. This is the loving creature who was comfort and company for Mom as she dealt with my Dad's battle with cancer that he ultimately lost. It's going to be a tough day and then some, but I'll be there with her through it.

My own offspring have been wonderful. DS has been most agreeable today (that's a gift in itself!) and will be taking me to the movies later. DD jumped major hurdles to get the pictured mug made for me. Does that girl rock or what?! A chip off the old block, I'm thinking. ;) And to top it off she wrote me a poem that made me sound like some kind of hero and made me cry. Days like today make it all worthwhile!

Comments

knitty_kat said…
I LOVE the mugs!!

BTW, the e-mail address you left me didn't work - let me know if you are still interested in sponsoring me.

kurly_kat[at]hotmail[dot]com
Larjmarj said…
I need that mug for when I knit on my lunch hour at work! Marj

Popular posts from this blog

My Bionic Gear Bag - Pattern Review (long and pic heavy)

New Look 6735 - The Dedicated Post

Name That Bike!