I finally took my Boston kitty in to be euthanized on Friday. It was a tough day knowing what i had to do later but he has been suffering for quite some time now.

Now Boston HATES going to the vets. He freaks out, and as soon as we're in the examination room he jumps down and hides under the bench until the vet comes in; then he cowers on the table until the visit is over.

Well on Friday he was completely calm and purring up a storm. He gave both me and my partner a cuddle (he's not usually a cuddler) and he lay contentedly on the table purring like crazy while we petted him waiting for the vet to come in. He calmly let her shave a patch off his front paw and didn't even flinch when she put the needle in. He didn't stop purring until she started the injection. I was holding his head while scratching behind his ears as he slipped away.

Do you think he knew? I know he made the whole aweful experience a lot easier for me. Farewell sweet kitty.

Comments

knitty_kat said…
Wow. I'm so sorry that it finally happened. BIG HUGS!

Your story made me tear up.

Popular posts from this blog

My Bionic Gear Bag - Pattern Review (long and pic heavy)

New Look 6735 - The Dedicated Post

Name That Bike!