New Look 6034

 



I again used Color Pop Rayon Knit Print - Daisy - Coral for this top.  I've written about it in the post for NL6735. This is another of the patterns I got from my MIL.  I thought I would try the knit shell.  There are only two pieces to this pattern; no bands or facings.  Instead they have you turn under a 3/8" hem at the neck, armholes and bottom.  I used my usual size 14 for big 3 patterns.  The It is definitely a short top.  I need to wear it with higher waisted pants.  After adding my usual 1" to the length I lost 1/4" by having to use a 5/8" hem instead of 3/8" due to my coverstitch issues (separate post).  I've added another inch to the pattern for the next time I make it.  It does have a center back seam for subtle shaping.  I made my usual size 14 for big 4 patterns and it has a bit of a loose drapy fit under the bust.  I found it quite flattering in this lightweight knit.  The only issue is the hem.  I used steam-a-seam to stabilize the fabric and prevent tunneling but it was a bit too firm and even after washing, drying and pressing the hemline still gapes a bit.

This is a very cute little pattern that is a quick sew-up.  I can see myself making it again.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Bionic Gear Bag - Pattern Review (long and pic heavy)

New Look 6735 - The Dedicated Post

Name That Bike!