Stuck in First Gear

Well here we are a week later and I have no progress pics from the bathroom for you. I guess that would be because there's been absolutely no progress. I did finally go down there to vacuum up all the tile debris a couple of days ago and ended up knocking over a pail of cementy water all over the carpet, so I decided that the job just isn't quite ready for me yet. Maybe I'll adjust the belt tension on the wetsaw and have another go at it tonight. {sigh; or not}

There is knitty-news though. Even an FO! I know, it doesn't seem like much but I finished the Jaywalkers. And I have to say that I'm glad I'm giving them away because I really don't like them. I don't know. Maybe my gauge is off a little, but they just don't fit nice and snug the way a good sock should. I think I just prefer a sock with some sort of ribbing in it to make it hug me back. Speaking of which, that pretty brown sock next to them is the Ribbed Lace Sock from Sensational Knitted Socks. I've made a few changes, such as making it toe-up and using a short rowed heel. Now THIS one I'm happy with. About time I had something good to report, don't you think? My only complaint is that I keep doing k2tog's instead of ssk's. I don't usually have this problem because I usually follow the written directions, but I'm using the chart for these ones and I've decided that maybe I'm just a little dyslexic. Or my ADHD is kicking in. Or I haven't had enough wine. Whatever; no one else will notice once they're on my feet, right? ;)

And Can I say that the Knitting Olympics had a mention on the news this morning on the Alternative Rock station? How cool is that? Even though I chose not to sign up (mainly because of that damn bathroom) I'm cheering and knitting on the sidelines.

Comments

knitty_kat said…
Really?! What radio station was that? I'm also undesided with the Jaywalkers. They do look rather nice, but I think I prefer a stretchy sock.
Anonymous said…
those are great!! I don't think I will do a jaywalker... big feet need snug socks!
Knittypants said…
I really like the brown socks, the lacy pattern is really pretty.
Anonymous said…
Those lacy socks are gorgeous!
JustApril said…
Vive' le knitting revolution! that is SO cool!!!!!!

even if everyone is stressed over the Knitting Olympics, what a great way to bring us knitters into the open and show the world what a wonderful thing it is!

eeeekkkk
Sharon said…
I like the look of the jaywalkers, I see them everywhere in all different colours and they all look great, but the fit????

I looove the look of the brown ones and that little wooden sock thingy did you make it or can you buy them over your way??? It makes your socks look so professional.
knitty_kat said…
AH! I don't know how to contact you!! LOL.

Alas, no swifts at Len's Mills. I've actually been thinking I would love to have one myself - it really is a large pain trying to wind a ball other wise (so spoiled!!)

Next time you are out this way, we should SO do coffee (or something stronger!)

Popular posts from this blog

My Bionic Gear Bag - Pattern Review (long and pic heavy)

New Look 6735 - The Dedicated Post