Duck; It's a Posting Blitz!

First I don't post for weeks on end. Then I'm posting like there's no tomorrow! Have I ever mentioned my obsessive personality? But I have to tell you about this laceweight wool from Handpainted Yarn. I hate it! Now I remember why I put the partially knit Clapotis aside and didn't work on it for over a year. This laceweight wool is so fine - about half as thick as sock yarn, if even that - that it's almost impossible to knit with. It's like knitting with thread! Well, not quite, but almost. It's not too bad for straight knitting, but you need to be working with really good light and be super focused. I'm just not that focused. So after doing two repeats last night of the lace pattern for Branching Out, it's off the needles again. On the other hand I did find some leftover balls of Sirdar "Salsa" in the stash, a super-soft merino and acrylic 50/50 blend and a DK weight. It's left over from when I made "Tempting". So I will now begin working on the "Salsa Branch" instead.

As for the laceweight wool? I've had a scathingly brilliant idea! I'll knit it up on my course-bed knitting machine. It will be done super quick and will make a great rolled scarf. Or at least I hope; I've got two skeins in two separate colourways of this stuff, and I hate to see it go to waste after it made it's way all the way here from Uruguay.

Sorry about only linking to old pics, I'll have to get going with the camera obsession again!

Comments

Sauntering Soul said…
You should have tried NaBloPoMo you're on such a posting kick! (Not really....I personally am counting down the hours until Friday when it's over.)
knitty_kat said…
hmm, I never thought of knitting a Clapotis out of laceweight. Maybe you needed pointier needles for it?

I'm glad your posting yer butt off!

Popular posts from this blog

My Bionic Gear Bag - Pattern Review (long and pic heavy)

New Look 6735 - The Dedicated Post

Name That Bike!