The Renovations

Just a quick post to announce that the home renovations are done and life can get back to normal! Wheee!

I have to say that I've got some amazing family that made this project turn out beautifully.  And it was a short project (three weeks), so I didn't have to go through months of home invasion like when I had my kitchen gutted and remodeled or added the sunroom.

This time around it was just having the nasty carpet removed from the hallway and stairs and having new flooring put down there as well as in the living room.  Then I had all new moldings (white - moving into the 21st century!) and doors and a fresh coat of paint on the walls.

My brother-in-law and my step-son sourced the materials for me from their suppliers (they are both in the home renovation business) and my nephew took on the project for me.  I couldn't be happier with the final results.  I'm especially happy with what he did with the stairs.  Everything looks modern and with pets this will be easier to keep clean.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Bionic Gear Bag - Pattern Review (long and pic heavy)

New Look 6735 - The Dedicated Post

Name That Bike!