Ripstitcher's Bionic Gear Bag

Ripstitcher's Bag
I fell in love with this bag from Ripstitcher as soon as I saw it. I think it will be the perfect thing to keep my stuff organized on my sewing desk without things rolling onto the floor. Ripstitcher has also made a video that shows how really well thought out this bag is. And - woohoo! - my local fabric store (LFS) has a 50% off everything sale for members this weekend. Hopefully I'll be able to report back shortly with some progress on this.

Vogue 1204
I have the jeans from Vogue 1204 cut out. I'm just waiting for some inspiration to get started stitching. I guess I'm a little intimidated by the whole "make your own jeans" concept. I do have the "Sewing Designer Jeans" tutorial from Angela Wolf. I guess I just need to jump in. I did pick a brown and black striped denim so that if they don't turn out perfectly it shouldn't be so obvious that they were supposed to be jeans. The other advantage is that I can focus on trying to get the fit right rather than worrying about the distressing techniques.

New Look 6643
Finally, I cut out the fabric for New Look 6643 (view C shown in red) last night. I need (want) a new dress for my convocation next month. I had originally hoped to make New Look 6183 but unless I wanted to brave it as a miniskirt I didn't have enough of this fabric from my stash. I guess that means I will have to buy more fabric for 6183 at the sale this weekend {evil grin}.

And on a completely different topic, Thor is settling right in and the cats have pretty much adjusted. Life is calming down. I will do up a separate post about all that at some point.

Comments

Hey Jacqui!

Thanks for the kind words!

I cruised around your blog just a little - and - I'm a fan of anybody that takes pictures of their dog!

If I can get around to making a blogroll on my blog (one of these days!) I'll add you to it!

Popular posts from this blog

My Bionic Gear Bag - Pattern Review (long and pic heavy)

New Look 6735 - The Dedicated Post

Stuck in First Gear