The Felted Purse - Part 1

Since I've got a couple of balls of Paton's Classic Merino left over from Blaze, I've decided to make another felted purse. I picked up some more yarn last night in black and off-white to go with it. I'm working with two strands of yarn on U.S.15 needles and I'm making it up as I go. So first I'm making a swatch.

I've got 20 stitches and 28 rows, and that gives me 7 3/4" wide by 8 1/2" long. Now I'm throwing it in the wash along with my Booga Bag since I've decided it needs more felting too!






To the right it's gone through it's second "heavy duty" wash cycle with a squirt of dish soap and one rinse and now it's felted up all nice and tight. I didn't put it through the spin cycle, but I'm thinking I probably could have. It now measures 6" wide by 5 1/2" long. Now it's time to do the math and come up with a pattern. Stay tuned, kids, there's more to come!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Bionic Gear Bag - Pattern Review (long and pic heavy)

New Look 6735 - The Dedicated Post

Name That Bike!