Monday, December 16, 2013
When I had cut out B5215 I was using view B, the semi-fitted version. I think I shied away from version A, the fitted version, because it has negative ease and I wasn't sure that would work out with the existing tees. So this time around I decided to make a wearable muslin with view A.
So what worked well; I really like the cap sleeves and the fact that they fit my arm snugly. I don't like it when cap sleeves show off my armpits (especially on those occasions when I haven't been all that diligent with the razor). I decided to make the fit as the pattern was designed for my measurements and it fits much snugger than the picture shown. Having said that, I'm ok with that. I like my t-shirts on the snugger side. I also like the fact that it is not "skin tight" across the middle, which I was concerned about with the negative ease built into the pattern. Must be some magic going on there. Or my math is off. Let's go with the magic. I think the overall length is good so I'm glad that I lengthened the pattern (I am 5'7" and long-waisted if that helps). I am happy with how the scooped neckline turned out. I used a RTW shirt as a guide but still I was concerned that it would be easy to go overboard. I would be comfortable wearing this neckline to work. I am also happy that I used an old pattern (therefore free) and got the fabric on sale for $5 a meter. A $5 wearable top makes the cheap b@stard in me very happy!